Welcome to the New York Vipassana Association website.
The New York Vipassana Association (NYVA) is a nonprofit organization that sponsors periodic public events and local residential courses in Vipassana meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka or his assistant teachers.
|Introduction to Vipassana||What to Expect on a Course||How to Apply for a Course|
|Vipassana is one of India’s oldest techniques of meditation, first taught 2,500 years ago. It is a practical method of self-awareness that allows one to face the tensions and problems of daily life in a calm and balanced way.||To learn Vipassana Meditation one needs to develop one’s own experience during a residential 10-day course.||Find out about the prerequisites and how to apply for a Vipassana course.|
- NYVA organizes two non-center 10-day courses in Fishkill, NY a year (May/June & August/September).
- The two nearest centers to the New York Metropolitan Area, which hold Vipassana Meditation courses year round, are located in Massachusetts & Delaware:
- There are over 200 centers worldwide, which offer courses in Vipassana Meditation, as taught by S.N. Goenka and his assistant teachers in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. International Vipassana Website has a worldwide map showing meditation centers and non-center locations where courses are held.
The Old Student website contains information regarding group-sittings with other meditators in your area, Old Student courses, Dhamma Service, dāna, and the NYC Dhamma House. Old Students are those who have completed at least one 10-day Vipassana course with S.N. Goenka or one of his assistant teachers. Please enter the Old Student username and password at the top left. If you are an Old Student and have forgotten the login information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details such as when and where you sat your most recent 10-day course.
- New York Vipassana Association Starts Again
- Trust Meeting rescheduled to Oct 23, 2021
- Cancellation of Trust Meeting on Sep 11, 2021
- Featured Service Opportunity: Course Committee
- COVID-19 Related Cancellations & Updates
- NY Fall 2021 Non-Center Courses
- New Virtual Meditation and Activities
- The role of the Household Team to support NY courses
- The role of the Grounds Team to support NY courses
- New York Vipassana Association Financial Update
- View previous announcements …