Covid19 Protocols for Residential Courses at Sharpe Reservation, Fishkill, New York
[NOTE: these protocols were in effect for the May, 2022 courses in Fishkill, NY. It has not been determined which health protocols will be in effect for the 2023+ courses]
During this pandemic period we have been happy to be able to continue offering 10-day residential meditation courses, although for a smaller number of students than usual. We are using the following protocols for residential courses and service periods, which will be updated and modified as conditions allow.
Applications and Waitlist: We recognize that many people want to sit courses, and we will do our best to help applicants with this process. Upon receipt, all applicants will be placed on the waiting list, and we will be in touch shortly thereafter. Course organizers will call each and every student and server accepted and enrolled for courses approximately two weeks before the course begins, to more fully outline the protocols during this time.
- All students, servers, and teachers must be vaccinated. We encourage those who are vaccinated, but not boosted, to do so if eligible.
- Additionally, proof of vaccination must be presented during course registration upon arrival.
- A negative Antigen/rapid result test the day before arriving at the course site. Please upload a picture of this test to your enrollment’s unique link found in your confirmation email.
- All must bring two additional rapid tests for testing on the third day and later on if there is an infection.
- All must bring KN95, KF94 or N95 masks only. No cloth masks allowed.
- All must wear masks in all public buildings, and maintain social distancing at all times.
- Masks may be taken off in your room, outside (when away from building entrances), or at your assigned seat in the dining hall when eating (must wear a mask unless seated and eating/drinking).
- For 10-day courses, if no one tests positive on the third day of the course, then students will be allowed to take their masks off in the meditation hall.
Transportation to Course Site:
- Participants must use private transportation or the rideshare board online to travel to the course site. Public transportation such as trains or buses will not be allowed.
Because of the evolving pandemic situation, the above guidelines may change at any time. Course organizers will do their best to inform students and servers of changes as soon as possible.
Local meditators who wish to come sit or serve during courses should apply and get permission beforehand.
We regret the inconveniences this may cause, and ask for understanding from those negatively impacted. We will relax these requirements as soon as we can safely do so, relying on guidance from the CDC, state and local health officials, and prioritizing the safety and well-being of our servers and students.
See also Covid19 Updates.