- Up to 12 Old Students will be able to sign-up in advance for group sittings.
- Meditation spots will be pre-assigned.
- Tape marks will designate where zabutons are to be placed, keeping physical distance between old students.
- Clean zabutons, toppers, and cushions will be in stacks by the folding room dividers.
- Old Students may take a zabuton, topper, and other additional cushions they need for their meditation and setup in the Dhamma Hall area.
- After the mediation period, used items are to be placed in the area labeled ‘used meditation materials’.
- These materials will be laundered and cleaned every 2 weeks.
- If a chair is used, the chair should be wiped down with a disinfecting wipe.
- Old Students may choose to bring their own meditation materials to the DH; however, they must take them out of the Dhamma House after their sitting. Personal items may not be left in the Dhamma House.
- Shawls and blankets will NOT be available for use. If you need a shawl or blanket, please bring your own, and take it with you when you leave the Dhamma House.
Protective Equipment / Hygiene & Cleaning
- Old Students must wear masks / face covering while at the NYC Dhamma House, including while sitting on the cushion.
- If one needs to have some water, their mask may be lowered.
- Disinfectant wipes available near the door.
- Wipe doorknobs on the way in and out.
- Wipe the lock inside and outside.
- Wipe the bathroom key after use.
- Wipe coat hook(s) that are use.
- Hand sanitizer available near the door.
- Sanitize hands when entering the Dhamma House.
- Sanitize hands when leaving the Dhamma House.
- Sanitize hands when returning from the bathroom.
- Wash hands thoroughly after bathroom use. Use a paper towel to turn off the faucet and handle the doorknob.
- Air Purifiers
- High efficiency wall mounted Air Purifier will be turned on before and after sitting periods.
- Floor Air Purifier with UV-C light will be on 24/7.
- Dhamma House will be cleaned and tidied up every other Sunday.
- The bathrooms at the end of the hall should be open for use; however, if they are locked, Old Students may use the bathroom key in the Dhamma House to use the bathroom by the elevators.
- After use, wipe the key and laminated keychain with disinfecting wipes.
- Bring your own bottle for water. The water filter system will be available for use; however, cups will not be provided.
- If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms including, fever of 100 degrees or greater, cough or shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, muscle aches in advance of your sitting at the NYC Dhamma House, you must cancel your sign-up.