Screening & Online Sign-Up Form
- NYC Dhamma House | COVID-19 Screening Questions Form
- All Old Students will be required to fill out the COVID-19 screening questions form.
- The submitted screening questions forms by Old Students will be reviewed by the Dhamma House Committee and Assistant Teachers.
- When given the green light, Old Students may sign-up, be given a unique door code, and meditate in the NYC Dhamma House.
- Only ONE Old Student meditating in the Dhamma House at a time.
- Building doors are currently open on the following days during the following times:
- Monday through Friday from 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturdays from 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Sundays building door locked.
- Those who have key cards for the building door, may sign-up for meditation periods outside of the building hours; however, they will go through the same screening, sign-up, and unique / changing door code process.
- After Old Students have filled out the screening form, gotten the green light to meditate at the Dhamma House, and signed up on the spreadsheet, they will receive unique / changing codes for the Yale x Nest lock for the door to the Dhamma House.
- Unique / changing door code for Yale x Nest lock:
- Old Students will receive an email invitation from email@example.com with the unique door code that may be used during the time range in which they have signed up to meditate at the Dhamma House.
- When a unique code is used, Nest will notify the Dhamma House Committee.
- A new code will be sent for each meditation sitting.
- Old Students should lock the door manually from the inside while they are in the Dhamma House.
- Video on how to lock & unlock the Yale x Nest lock – shown during the first 45 seconds.
Protective Equipment / Hygiene & Cleaning
- Old Students must wear masks / face covering while in the public spaces of the building – lobby, elevators, hallways, and bathrooms – where the Dhamma House is located.
- Highly recommended to take the elevator alone, and to wait at least 6 feet from the elevator doors, as there may be someone exiting the elevator.
- For these individual meditation sittings (one Old Student in the Dhamma House at a time) – each Old Student has the option to wear a mask / face covering during their meditation period while inside the Dhamma House.
- Disinfectant wipes available near the door.
- Wipe doorknobs on the way in and out.
- Wipe the lock inside and outside.
- Wipe the bathroom key after use.
- Wipe coat hook(s) that are use.
- Hand sanitizer available near the door.
- Sanitize hands when entering the Dhamma House.
- Sanitize hands when leaving the Dhamma House.
- Sanitize hands when returning from the bathroom.
- Wash hands thoroughly after bathroom use. Use a paper towel to turn off the faucet and handle the doorknob.
- Air Purifier with UV-C light – on 24/7
- Dhamma House will be cleaned and tidied up on Sundays.
- Clean zabutons, toppers, and cushions will be in stacks by the folding room dividers.
- Old Students may take a zabuton, topper, and other additional cushions they need for their meditation and setup in the Dhamma Hall area.
- After the mediation period, put used items in the area labeled ‘used meditation materials’.
- These materials will be laundered and cleaned bi-weekly.
- If a chair is used, the chair should be wiped down with a disinfecting wipe.
- Old Students may choose to bring their own meditation materials to the DH; however, they must take them out of the Dhamma House after their sitting. Personal items may not be left in the Dhamma House.
- Shawls and blankets will NOT be available for use. If you need a shawl or blanket, please bring your own, and take it with you when you leave the Dhamma House after your meditation period(s).
- Old Students may NOT use the Dhamma House sound system.
- Old Students may use their personal devices during their sittings.
- The bathrooms at the end of the hall should be open for use; however, if they are locked, Old Students may use the bathroom key in the Dhamma House to use the bathroom by the elevators.
- After use, wipe the key and laminated keychain with disinfecting wipes.
- Bring your own bottle of water. The water filter system will NOT be available for use.
- Optional to wipe your own clothing before and after you sit.
- Optional to bring a bag to place your shoes in, and leave them on the shoe shelf.
If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms including, fever of 100 degrees or greater, cough or shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, muscle aches in advance of your sitting at the NYC Dhamma House, you must cancel your sign-up.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Dhamma House Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.